[Recommended] XMotion Mega Arduino Based All In One Controller (Arduino Sumo Robot)
XMotion Mega is Arduino Compatible strong robot controller for bigger projects. Similar concept with original XMotion with bigger dimensions for versitality & higher current output.
It includes powerful Motor drivers, switching mode regulator, interface circuits and more. With protected features, it is all in one board for lots of different type robot projects.
We strongly suggest for non-magnetic sumo robot (20x20cm & 3 kg) projects and explorer robots.
First of all it is Arduino compatible! VERY EASY TO PROGRAM WITH ARDUINO SOFTWARE. Just attach controller with USB cable and choose Arduino Leonardo model at Arduino software.
What is that Technical features?
- Small dimension. It was very important factor at our design, small but at same time stabilized design. We managed to make 118 x 50 x 12mm dimension board without restricts.
- 20 Ampere x 2 Motor drive outputs. This outputs can supply high currents and gives juice more than enough for small robotics projects. When compared with traditional boards 20 Ampere triples, doubles the other boards. Also they are protected for short circuits.
- Voltage input protected for reverse connection. At full current voltage drop at reverse connection mosfet is only 60 millivolts! Also with reverse voltage protection you don't need to fear attaching batteries with wrong polarity. When you attach opposite polarity, wrong polarity led will light on.
- Built-in regulator can work up to 24V! (For generic Arduino boards this voltage is 15V with lots of heat) XMotion Mega never heats.
- You can program with micro USB. Main Mcu (ATMEGA 32U4) preloaded with Arduino Leonardo Software. Very easy to program.
- For analog reading, we used presicion LC T filter at design. Analog readings are more accurate without electrical noise.
- Board has analog input elements like voltage sensor, trimpot. With voltage sensor you can create Low battery stopping functions or Working speed vs input voltage functions.
- You can connect up to 9 sensors or interface circuits with green terminals.
- At backside all used inputs are written clearly for easy program. Also we are sending you demo codes for sumo robot projects.